If you’re looking to find a hot number, a statement piece, a piece of jewelry to blow people away and discombobulate their minds then a skull ring is your poison.
Now if you’re going to do anything, the rule of thumb is to do it absolutely well i.e. go all out and look for the best. If you’re also part of this particular school of thought, then the silver skull ring is your poisoned potion of choice.
Okay, this is where I shall attempt to put out for free without any extra costs, a few tips geared towards helping you find that perfect skull ring to suit your taste and at the same time wouldn’t leave such a dent in your pocket. Getting value for your money after all is very important.
- Size matters: this is a veritable truth in the ring industry. Size does matter. A well off ring will weigh at almost 35 grams and not less than 15 grams. If it weighs for instance, 10 grams, DO NOT attempt to purchase it as you would be doing yourself a massive disservice and at the same time getting very little or no value for your hard earned money.
- Pricing: We’re dealing with silver rather than gold here, and there is that school of thought which holds that gold retains more appeal to the eye than silver but there are those for whom silver does the trick. For those ones in the latter group, they’re in luck because a silver ring actually costs a lot less than a gold ring; regardless the prices will vary with the different qualities of rings obtainable. To put it in a safe bracket as to pricing, you should be looking at a $50 minimum to get quality and value for your money.
- Finger Choice: This is a defining factor in choosing the type of ring you’re going to plump for, as different fingers represent different meanings and connotations. A bulky ring is not ideal or suitable for any finger but the pinkie as bulky rings can and will get in the way of the daily runarounds performing different activities. Style is comfort you know. For the thumb, a ring which has its crest facing sideways is a choice you could opt to go for as it combines both a classic design and also functionality. The middle finger is seen as the most serious finger, so preferably nothing too fancy or bourgeois for this finger and for the index finger, it is synonymous with graduation class rings and family heirlooms so you might want to get something close to those. All in all, you decide your own style, so don’t be afraid to switch it up.
- Quality: A proper sterling silver ring is a gift that just keeps giving as it doesn’t necessarily go out of style and will last you for quite a while. Another thing to plump for is a ring with an oxidized finish, this helps so that you don’t have to polish the ring ever so often. Just once in a while will do. This will save you time and money, which in turn merges with the goal of getting value for your hard earned cash.
- Symbolism: Why are you choosing the skull cresting? That is a starter question to ask. Is it because you’re a fan of Goth? Are you a die-hard metal rock fan? Is it as a tribute to someone near and dear to you? Or are you plumping for it because of its apt representation of strength and fearlessness? This are questions to which you need to have requisite answers for before making the decision of choosing a ring such that in the end you don’t end up choosing a ring that will in the long run not represent or define you as much as you would have hoped it would.
- Features: This is another major tenet in deciding what type of skull ring you get because aesthetics play a major role in what defines a ring. Different signs and symbols could be indented on the ring through the help of a custom jeweler. Another means to brighten it up is to fix it up with precious stones in different parts and you could even go a step further by getting stones and jewels in your favorite colors. All this can be accomplished by hiring a custom jeweler as previously stated above. The pricing of these additional aesthetics might be a little steep but in the long run they’re worth it.
- Merging the Silver Skull Ring with your existing style collection: You don’t want to get an accessory that would look downright alien when put side by side with your existing wardrobe. The silver skull ring should be on par with your existing style, a ring that will go with most of the clothing items you own and even with future purchases. If you’re big on light colors when purchasing clothing, then you should also choose accordingly(picking out a ring that would work in tandem with brightly colored clothing), or if you’re always dressed in a suit and tie, then you might want to plump for a silver skull ring that is not aggressively showy. Style is relative to environment as well.
- Choosing the right store to purchase your silver skull ring: This is probably the most important step to take in finding that silver skulled ring that suits you, as this is where you get to put together all the info previously given into use. If you’re plumping for an online retail store, you should be thorough in your perusal of the pictures of the products available in the said store. An excellent option as to where to purchase your ring would be here at